Back To School: 10+ Lunch Ideas for Kids and Parents, Paleo Style
This is our Back To School Series. It features foods and products that are Paleo and Eco-friendly. Each day is packed with convenience products as well as healthy, delicious lunches and snacks. You and/or your child will enjoy and feel satisfied throughout the day. Nutrient dense food to help the brain stay awake and to keep your blood sugar levels balanced. The Bonus Day has links to all products used during this series! We even have a NEW lunchbox idea. All of these lunch boxes are gluten free, dairy free, grain free, soy free, refined sugar free and all but the bonus and NEW lunches are nut free as well. We have you covered to start this school year off right with these easy, healthy lunches for you or your child.
Here is our newest edition to our lunchbox ideas!
This lunch is made with a half of a big cooked chicken breast, sliced. Cut up veggies. I did carrots, cucumber and cauliflower, but any vegetables that your children love to dip! I smashed up a half of a large avocado, seasoned it with a tiny bit of salt and a little squeeze of lime (so it doesn’t brown). I made these heart and star tortilla chips from Siete Foods Cassava & Coconut tortillas, get the recipe here.
I also made these sweet and salty almonds, get the recipe here. You can batch cook both the almonds and chips and keep them in an airtight container for at least 14 days with them staying crunchy, at least in our humidity! We used a Lunchskins bag and U Konserve container. The books are an old favorite of mine that my boys are now hooked on, Choose Your Own Adventure books, love them! Enjoy!
Paleo Lunch Tips
A few tips on getting healthy lunches out the door with your kids.
- Prepare lunches the night before
- Cut veggies into little stick or bite sized pieces. Cut a large amount at one time and store in an airtight container. Then you can just grab them and pack them!
- Try having AIP/Paleo cooked protein in the freezer. You can also pre-slice meat as well to make it easier to add to a lunchbox. It will be thawed out by the next morning. Or if you take it out of the freezer in the morning it will be thawed out by lunch.
- Have a few AIP/Paleo packaged snack items on hand.
- You don’t have to get super creative! Kids like predictability, plan certain lunches for a particular day each week. For instance, make Wednesdays Wrap day or Tuesdays Turkey day! They will know what they are getting and you know what to have on hand.
We hope these lunch ideas and tips will have you kicking off this school year on the right foot!
We love hearing from you sleuths! If you have any other Paleo lunch ideas or tips please comment below and help all of our readers!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links please check out disclosure policy to see exactly what that means.